Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dear Patrons

I was very excited last week to introduce a new item to the Hideaway menu: Morg Jafari. The recipe comes from a little cookbook my parents wrote in 1984 called simply “Eastern Cuisine – the most delicious recipes in the world.” At the time they had just opened a Middle Eastern Food Market in Jefferson City, Missouri. Their business venture only lasted six months, but the cookbook has stayed with me to this day.

This week I am pleased to announce that I now have torshi available made especially for The Hideaway by my grandmother, Mama Bazork. Torshi is a very distinctive condiment meant to be eaten in moderation with stews and rice dishes. Every Iranian family has their own recipe and in my humble opinion the torshi my Mama Bazork makes is the finest I’ve ever tasted.
Click here to read more about torshi and it’s origins.

I will also be offering Lula Kebab as this week’s special -- spiced ground beef and lamb patties, tomatoes and mushrooms grilled to perfection served over saffron infused basmati rice with fresh herbs.

I am accepting food orders through Monday July 27th for delivery on Wednesday July 29th. As always, I appreciate your support and encourage you to leave comments about the food and artwork you’ve experienced through The Hideaway

Warmest regards,
The Hideaway

1 comment:

  1. Avazpour The Hideaway

    Intriguing art
    Delightfully delicious food. Try Torshi!
    A must on my menu

    Ina

    ReplyDelete